Listen to the latest market mood for the FTSE 100.
The FTSE 100 has been falling recently on the volatility in the markets after the GameStop saga produced a liquidity squeeze. The FTSE 100 fell lower alongside other stocks, but the medium term picture looks good for FTSE 100 buyers. That outlook is based on:
- Now with Brexit agreed the UK will see investors approach the UK again as that uncertainty has been removed.
- The UK is vaccinating its population very fast and this should speed the UK economic recovery.
- The FTSE 100 is trading near key support which offers an ideal place for buyers to place stops.
- A slow down in vaccinations will alter this outlook.
- A new variant of COVID-19 which is vaccine resistant will invalidate this outlook.