How to use the Seasonax screener function to automatically generate a list of the most promising investment opportunities?
- Firstly, choose your market. Let’s look at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Secondly, set your limits. You can look for seasonal opportunities that are starting from today, tomorrow or even in one month. Let’s look at Jan 18. Set the history of the data that you want to examine. Let’s go for the past 15 years. Set the minimum and maximum time period that you want to hold the instrument ranging from minimum 31 and max 90 days we will go for 31-60 days.
- And as an optional last step, you could select the filter that will screen your results and remove all patterns with lower rates of winning trades.
Over the last 15 years, JPMorgan Chase & Co has gained an annualised return of 55.66% of the time and made over 4.76% in returns on average.
Now the recent sell-off in stocks has been on the worry that the Fed will be hiking interest rates into a US economy that is slowing down. The prospect of the runoff of the balance sheet as interest rates move higher has investors leaving tech stocks. This is a headwind for tech stocks. However, higher interest rates often help the financial sector as they can charge more for their loans.
Major Trade Risks:
- Remember, that if the Federal Reserve doesn’t hike rates as far and as fast as currently expected then Financial stocks are less likely to do as well.
- Any bad news for JPMorgan Chase & Co could weaken the stock.
HYCM clients can access the Seasonax product in order to analyse over 25,000 currency pairs, indices, commodities, as well as individual stocks. Please contact your account manager for a free trial and get started right away.