One of the sad things in life is that there is so much potential for shared knowledge and insight by interacting with financial professionals all over the world that it is often missed. Social media can be a great way to interest with financial professionals. However, it can also be a really hard place to interact surrounded by negativity. So, if you have wanted to interact with others, but are put off here are some top tips for interacting on social media in a positive way.
Top tips for interacting on social media
- Ask specific questions. If there is something you want more understanding on ask. You will be amazed to hear that most people will help you if you ask them. Do you ask people for help? No, not everyone will help, but most people will.
- Private forums are often a great place to ask questions and grow in a supportive environment. The free forums often have a wild mix of people. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Try to get into a small forum of trusted traders. At HYCM we can introduce you to a forum that will help through our trusted partners.
- If you find yourself wanting to be rude to someone – don’t. Disagreement is healthy, it is what makes our markets, and is to be generally welcomed. Bringing other people down is sometimes just a marketing ploy to make yourself look better than the next guy. Remember, cynicism sells well. It also looks like you know more than others.
- When someone has a good point, share it around. Applaud it. The more that better analysis is shared the more people benefit.
- We are all in this alone, but together we can make our individual journey’s more enjoyable. So, don’t needlessly upset others.